Monday, August 12, 2013

Wild Hearts Cant Be Broken

When I was younger I was not the type of child who was in to your normal Disney movies. I didn't watch Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan or any other normal childrens movies. I mean, after all, Goofy creeps me out to the fullest! 

I was the type of child who liked the musical, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and a movie based on a true story called, Wild Hearts Cant Be Broken. I watched the movie so much that I can remember how annoyed everyone got with me always watching it.

Since I am leaving for college, I decided to watch Wild Hearts Cant Be Broken for the first time in YEARS! It's a VHS people! You can't imagine how young I felt again! Granted,  this is coming from a 19 year old but still!

Now, this movie is a, if you fall, get right back up and never back down, type of movie! If you ever have the  chance to see it, SEE IT!

In life we get knocked down, just like Sonora in the movie, we try and conquer a new challenge, but end up flat on our face or on our rear end. It happens and its a bummer,  but get up! Dust yourself off and try to conquer your goal again!

Would you like to know a secret?  This method of thinking, can totally be used when looking at sex trafficking! Kind of cool to think about right?! For one, sometimes sharing about sex trafficking with others can lead to a large variety of reactions. And sometimes those reactions are negative and a bit of a downer. Don't worry though! Get a smile back on your face! For ever person who thinks fighting against the sex trade is crazy, pointless and or stupid; there is plenty more people in the world who will think it is awesome! 

On a second thought, and this is speaking from personal experience,  what if you see your sticky note in the trash.  (For those of you who haven't read "Lets Explain Our Mission" Janice and I highly encourage you to do so! It is our first blog post and will explain what sticky noting is) I had gone to the movies one day this summer with my mother.  I had put a sticky note in the stall before the movie and after the movie I saw it crumbled up in the trash. In all honesty, my heart felt like it dropped down to my toes. 

Something I'm so passionate about, and someone crumbled it up, and tossed it out to go fill up some land fill somewhere. But what did I do? I took the advice I am giving you! I picked myself up and continue on sticky noting!  What better thing to do!?

When someone says can't, I say can. When I see my work tossed in  the trash,  I work that much harder so others know about sex trafficking.  In the end its all a matter of, is the glass half full or half empty. Though, when all is said and done the way you look at it is totally up to you! But don't forget to keep going and never back down!

The journey may be long but don't give up,

Nicole and Janice

PS have you been sticky noting? Have a cool story about how you are making a difference in yhe fight against sex trafficking? Have a story how you refuse to be broke?  Email Janice and I at askmeaboutsextrafficking@gmail.com We would love to share your stories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment