Monday, August 26, 2013

Heres to a Special Guest

Good day to all you wonderful people! Here is a post from an awesome person! He is doing wonderful things in the fight against sex trafficking. Take the time to read what he says and then go follow his blog! It is worth your time and you will not be disappointed!
Now, without anymore from us here is an awesome post from our friend Sam!

When I was 7 years old I went to elementary school, and I ate a delicious pb&j sandwich everyday at lunch.  Then I played kickball.  I have had opportunities in my life to be a part of great things.  I have had adventures, gone to fun parties, pursued my passion, and had a supportive family by my side.  Simply put, I am free, and I always have been.  

It wasn't until recently that I understood just how important freedom is.  

I have known about human trafficking for a long time.  I always hear about how there are "27 million" slaves worldwide.  But, in order to really understand human trafficking, I needed to view it on a smaller scale.  

Last year I was in a coffee shop writing for my blog, when I noticed a poster for the organization  Tiny Hands International.  After learning about where they worked, and what they did, it brought the whole "modern day slavery" idea into new light.  

I learned that every year in Nepal 10-15,000 girls and young women between the ages of 7 and 24 were deceived and taken across the border to India to be sex slaves.  Knowing this put everything into perspective for me.  Freedom is something that I have been blessed with.  The question is, what was I willing to do for freedom?

This is what caused me to dedicate my life to fighting this injustice the only way that I knew how.  I began raising money for Tiny Hands through my  passion for adventure. I call this my quest for freedom, but instead of telling you what I'm doing to fight trafficking, I want to hear what you're willing to do.

What are you willing to do for freedom?

Sam is a blogger, adventurer, and speaker.  For more information on him, and what he's doing to fight human trafficking, check out his blog at samexplores.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment