Friday, August 23, 2013

Give Me Two Seconds to Explain

Hello! I hope that you all are having a wonderful day and that you are excited for the weekend! If you aren't, that is totally okay. Because I am! And it isn't just because there is an American Football game this Sunday. Although that may be a huge part to why I am so excited for the weekend.

Now, on to other matters! As some of you lovely people know, a few of the posts from this past week have been inspired by a book called God in a Brothel An Undercover Journey into Sex Trafficking and Rescue. If I were to sum this book up in one sentence, I would have a hard time. I would really want to say something that completely gives the book its justice and also convince you that you should read it. But I am not sure that I can do that, but I will give it a try.

The book God in a Brothel is  amazing and totally life changing.

Is that a good enough sentence? Because, I don't think it is. So, I will retire the idea of one perfect sentence to describe an amazing book, and just tell you how I feel.

This book messed up my world single handedly. The way I looked at things were completely changed. The book was not dull. I kept turning the page. I would read the book late at night till I could no longer keep my eyes open. The book is written in a way that keeps your interest. In the end you aren't left hanging my some cliffhanger. The author tells the complete, raw truth. His views and what was going on internally are in the book along with stories of operations that took place.

I don't want to say too much on the book because I really do want you all to read it. Out of all the books I have read, and there are a LOT, I would definitely put this book in my top five. If you aren't a much of a reader, don't worry! The book is relatively short. In fact many of these posts were written in advance, as I read the book, so the information could be written down while still fresh. The author, Daniel Walker does an amazing job. The end is even an ending that I did not expect. This book is a true gem.

Now, I know that some of you may be a little interested in the title of the book. Yes, the author is a Christian. But at the start of the book he even explains how he wrote the book so that if you aren't a Christian you wouldn't be overwhelmed. Daniel has really done a good job with the book.

I cried at the stories and I wondered why people could do such horrible things. But then I guess its just free will. And that is why Janice and I are using our free will to get people up and awake so they become aware of this injustice.

In the book Daniel talks about how truly easy it is to start making a change in the sex industry. As I put this book down and am ready to pick up another one, I am more fired up and ready to continue on in the fight against sex trafficking.



I hope that you are able to take the time and read this life changing book,

Nicole and Janice

P.S. Know of any other books on the topic of sex trafficking? Let Us know! We would love to take a look at them! Email us at askmeaboutsextrafficking@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment