Tuesday, August 27, 2013

HELP!

H! E! L! P! That was the start of a jump rope rhyme from when I was younger. If you stopped jumping on "H" you had hot chili peppers and the rope would restart super fast. If you landed on "E" you had the unfortunate job of jumping again with your eyes closed. And so went the jump rope game.

So, here is the issue. Male sex trafficking. There was an older post that Janice and I had done on the matter. The issue with doing another post? It was so hard to find anything for the first post. So, why are we doing another post on the matter?

 As I read God in a Brothel I came upon the author mentioning male sex trafficking several times. This totally made me look bug eyed as I was so excited to do another post on the matter. But all I can tell you from the book is male sex trafficking is popular and that it is very popular in the Caribbean and that the boys being sold there start off very young.

This was enough from the book for me to do a post. My next matter of business was to go online to look for facts. I was disheartened at the lack of information I found. I am not sure if we are looking in the wrong places or what but Janice and I have been having a hard time finding much information. We find a lot of things that say there is male sex trafficking, but not many statistics on the matter.

What I would have love to find was current statistics from different countries. Statistics like the ratio of males to females. The average ages that the boys are. Even a list of the top five countries where male sex trafficking is the worst.

Did I find any of that? Nope. So, my next order of business was my brilliant idea to drop out of school and go do the research for myself. Janice could keep the blog up on the home front and I could keep all you wonderful readers up to date on the research. Plus, having a front row seat and help those, personally, who were being trafficked was a cool idea.

My idea was soon, momentarily, postponed with my realization of my current lack of money to fund my research. So until further notice I am still a college student. But you get where I was coming from, right?

Anyway, Janice and I have a favor to ask of you wonderful readers. Do you know of any FACTS, STATISTICS or RESEARCHES on male sex trafficking? Or even a place to find information? We need to make sure that all information shared is backed up by creditable sources. If you do, sharing the information with us would be greatly appreciated.

Janice and I are human. We need help every once in awhile.

(I want to make sure that you all know that we are very aware of the fact that male sex trafficking varies. In this post we are going off of what we know and what I personally read in the book.)

Thank you friends,

Nicole and Janice

P.S. Feel free to email us information too! Our email is askmeaboutsextrafficking@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Are you in contact with Dr. Jeff Brodsky with Joy International? I think he'd be a great resource. He is out of Conifer,so he is also somewhat local (depending on where in CO he is). JOY International can be found on facebook, or you can go through his website at www.joy.org. He is currently in the hospital getting his heart checked out, not sure how long he will be in there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could edit that post, I meant depending on where in CO YOU are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a great report that may help you: http://ecpatusa.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/AndBoysToo_FINAL_single-pages.pdf

    I hope this will help you :)

    ReplyDelete