Monday, August 5, 2013

How I View Sex Trafficking

Sex trafficking is not always the easiest thing to look into. The facts are harsh and unpleasant and in all honesty a complete downer. So, when I decided to start doing something about the sex trade I really meant it. I wasn't going to do all this for nothing. A change was, and is, going to take place.

So, how do I do it? Digging into the facts and doing my best to make a change?
I view sex trafficking, parts of it, with the mind set of a young school girl with a crush!

Now before you think I'm crazy let me explain.  As most people know, I am a book worm. And one of my favorite book series is the Chronicles of Narnia! In fact,  I'm currently rereading them.

When the new movie The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe came out I was so excited! I couldn't wait to go see it. I was in 6th grade and I was going to see the movie with my class. We had been reading all the books in class.

When the movie started my 6th grade heart fell in love! It must have been love right? I mean, I still to this day, will admit to you with some blushing, embarrassment, I have a HUGE crush on William Moseley and I have since 6th grade.

For those of you who don't know William is Peter, the eldest brother in the movie. He has amazing eyes and great hair plus lets not forget his accent. Let me just stop right there while I'm ahead of myself, though.

Anyway,  when I was younger, with the strong love of William and Narnia I did everything I could do to know more about both subjects.  I watched Narnia all the time! I even watched the commentaries.  While my best friend was looking up stuff on line about her crush from the Star Wars movies,  I was hanging posters in my room of Narnia.

No matter what, I never had enough information on William and on Naria. (Sounds a little stalkerish but I promise I'm not! I was just young) What can I say, I was a crushing school girl. Now, I will only admit he is a crush I have. Searching for information on him and Narnia has stopped (but you can't deny he is one GOOD lookin guy!).

Here is the point to my story! I couldn't get my hands on enough information on William and Narnia when I was younger. I just kept researching and researching. And when I did find information out I always told the people around me. After all, I WAS GOING TO MARRY WILLIAM MOSELEY!   

That is what I do with sex trafficking.  I research and research. And I let people know the information that I find.  Though it is not a topic, like a hot guy, I still get information to other people. The information may not be as desired as information on a hot guy or hot girl (don't want to forget about you male readers out there) but its information that will make people aware. And hopefully put an end to the sex trade.

So, the next time you decide to do a little investigating on the guy or girl you are about to go on a blind date with. Maybe take a moment and do a little investigating on the sex trade.  After all, if conversation is a little awkward,  you have a great topic to fall back on for the date!

With love from your crushing school girls,

Nicole and Janice

P.S. have you been doing sticky notes?  Have a cool story how you arw stopping the sex trade? Email us at askmeaboutsextrafficking@gmail.com. we would love to share your story.  Dont know what sticky noting is? Check out our first blog post "Let's Explain Our Mission!"

No comments:

Post a Comment