Monday, August 19, 2013

Awesome News

Hello wonderful readers! How are you this beautiful day? Good I hope! I know that I am! I'm looking at the grass and it isn't from the roots up; so any day like that, for me, is a good day.

My lovely sister-in-law sent me this awesome link to an article and I found it super interesting! So, I want to talk to you lovely people about it! Though the article is from a few days ago, August 10, 2013, it will still hold awesome value.

A law has been past! And it is in the favor of victims of trafficking in Ohio. The law gets rid of past criminal records of girls who were trafficked. Burned, shredded, thrown in acid! The past criminal records are no more!
This means that when a girl, rescued from trafficking, under where this law is in affect, she will have her past criminal record whipped clean. Most of the time when a girl is in the sex industry she is forced to do things that can get her in major trouble with the law. And now, when the girl is rescued her record will be whipped clean. She wont have possession of drugs or any other matter on her record that will harm her from getting a job in the future.

Stuff is being done people! Now, we just need more cities and states to get laws like this!

If you want to read the article here is the link to the page:
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/08/09/columbus-human-trafficking-victim-record-erased.html

Have a great rest of your day,

Nicole and Janice

P.S. have you been doing sticky noting? Do you know of other stories like this? Let us know! You can email us at askmeaboutsextrafficking@gail.com Don't know what sticky noting is? Check out our first blog post called Let's Explain Our Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment