Friday, July 19, 2013

When Opposites Work Together There Will Be a Change

Good day my friends! I hope that today is full of beauty and fun, no matter where in the world that you may be! Great opening sentience, don't you think? Its just so bright and happy!

So, being friends with Janice has been one of the CRAZIEST experiences in my life!!! We are so alike but then we are SO different. For example, make-up. I, Nicole, love make-up. Yes, I can go without it if I need to but, I pretty much wear make up every day. Janice on the other hand normally does not wear make up what so ever. And when she does it’s totally natural and you can hardly tell. I on the other hand wear everything from eye shadow to foundation to a shimmery lip gloss. Granted I don’t pile it on to where it looks like a mask but you can tell I have a little somethin-somethin on.

Now stick with me fellas I have a reason for saying all this. Janice and I are different. Sure, our clothing styles are TOTALLY different, and our view on what time is a good time to go to bed is a little different from each other; we still have some pretty important things in common. Like our desire to be world changers and see sex trafficking stopped.

Janice and I have conversations with different views from make-up to nail polish and then clothes, we are girls after all, but when we talk about sex trafficking; our views are the same. We both want this industry to be shut down and we both know and understand that for a dent to be made in the sex industry, we one, need to get people aware and two, we need to get at the issue from the root.

Now, why my story of how we are so different? It’s very simple really. When you decide to get involved and try and bring down the sex industry, you meet a LOT of different people. Mothers, fathers, people who are vegetarians and people who live half way across the country and even sometimes the world. My point is, its crazy to think that so many different people can come together, united, and fight for a change; even when they are all so different then the others around them. I LOVE IT!!!

So, on this lovely day, I want you all to embrace your originality! There is no one else in the world like you! You bring something unique to the table that no one else does. And in that you can help reach people and help stop the sex trade in ways that others never will be able to. Crazy to think about, right?!

Embrace your you factor,

Nicole and Janice

 20130710_143242-1.jpg
P.S. Have you been doing sticky notes? Do you have an awesome story on how you are stopping sex trafficking? Let Janice and I know! Email us at askmeaboutsextrafficking@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment