Monday, July 22, 2013

Fathers Be Good to Your Daughters

Yes, the title of this post is in fact lyrics of a John Mayer song. Yes, there is a good reason for this. And finally, no, it is not because I woke up this morning with the song Daughters stuck in my head.

This weekend my mother and I went out to eat. Is that not just so sweet of her!? I mean, I tell her I am craving Panda Express one day and the next she takes me there. So, as we are sitting and eating I am watching the door as an older gentalmen walks in, the door shuts on the younger girl following him. She catches the door that falls on her and she walks in and stands next to the older man. A few seconds later another girl walks in and stands with the older man and the younger girl.
Now, I can not be 100% sure but I feel like, due to ages and actions, that the older man was the girls father. So, for this blog post, the man is the girls' father.

The actions of this man shocked me immensely! Have all manors decided to jump off the face of the Earth? People say that teenagers have no mannors but, I have had many doors open for me by younger males. Why could a father not hold open the door for his daughters?

I have talked to many guys who have had daughters and all they want for them is the best. Even guys who are looking to start a family, when they have children they want their future daughter to be treated with respect by guys.

Okay! That makes total sense! I want my future boys to know how to treat a women like a lady and I want my future daughters to know how they should be treated; and it should be like a lady! So, where do the younger generations learn this? From their parents.

Here is the things. Speaking as a girl who was raised by a single mom, girls like attention. And dads! If you don't give your daughters the attention they need, they will look for it else where. And, you never know who the first guy to call your daughter beautiful will be. Think about that for a moment...

Make sure you treat your daughters with respect. Yes, when you need to be stern with them; be stern. But make sure they know they are loved, and that you treat them like a lady. Open doors for them, tell them you love them and how truly special they are.  Let your daughters know that they can always come to you. Because, when that smooth talkin, good lookin guy comes along who doesn't totally treat them right. They will know who to go to.

Plus, when a daughter is raised up this way, with love from her father, there is less of a chance that she will decide to run off with some strange man, who could potentially be a recruiter. It does happen. Girls have gone out with guys who are just the "bees knees." And then they are never heard from again. I am sure that you do not want this to happen to any of your daughters.

Now, for all the single mothers out there. It can be hard raising daughters on your own. So, first off, let me just say thank you and keep up the good work! Because, it does not go unnoticed.

Raising a daughter without a man around means that you have more work cut out for you. Make sure to continually tell your daughters that they deserve nothing but the absolute best. And make sure that you explain what that is to them. They are a prised gem! Like a diamond. When you have a diamond you treasure it. You do not throw it on the ground and step on it and just leave it there. You put it in a safe place where it won't get lost or stolen.

Remember parents, your children need to be loved and treasured. If you don't fufill that need that they have, they will find someone who will. You never know who that person will be. And that person could potentially be a very bad person.

So, remeber to tell your children you love them and they deserve nothing but the best!

Have a wonderful day,

Nicole and Janice


P.S. Have you been doing sticky notes and have a story to share? Email Us at askmeaboutsextrafficking@gmail.com so we can post your story for others to be inspired by. Don't know what sticky noting is? Read our first blog post: "Lets Explain Our Mission."

No comments:

Post a Comment