Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mission: Adventure

Picture this with me for a moment.

There was once these two girls who were always together. They were college roommates, friends given the nickname Twins, and they were never apart. These two girls were always together and one fall break they both went home together. After all, staying on campus would be too dull and adventure was a must have. The road trip home was full of loud music, laughter and caffeine. It was perfection.

Once home, the girls were able to eat food that was cooked in a wonderful kitchen, by a loving mother. The thought of nasty school food was no where in mind. The first few days went by with not too much going on. And the thought of adventure was creeping into the minds of the two girls.

One morning they woke up and they wondered into a store. This specific office supply store is known for having paper out for you to write with pens and sharpies, to test them out. The two girls decided that it was time. Time to go to work and stop the sex trade. So, writing in cool colored sharpies the girls got to work and started making people aware!

Here is the story of one of the Twins. So, be inspired and go and do something to get people aware of the sex trade! Take a picture of what you do and send it to us with a story at askmeaboutsextrafficking@gmail.com. We would love to share about what you are doing to get people informed on the sex trade and what you are doing to stop the sex trade!

Now, with out any more pause and talk here is Twin with her story!

Hey guys!

So, I am here to share my story about how my roommate and I went into ninja combat last summer in Tokyo, Japan!

Oh wait, this is the office supply store story? Oh, that one is just as good.

I guess this all started when I found out about this blog. You see, this matter wasn't something foreign to me. I knew a little about sex trafficking and human trafficking. But, I never thought I could be someone who could spark a fire of passion in the life of someone else. Many people think because they have "no time," they cannot stop the injustice of a rapidly growing trade of human sex slaves. When, in fact, this is totally not the case.

If it's one thing that I've learned in my short score of years of living on earth, it's this; there is a time and place for everything. That means there is time! So, where am I going with this before I start my very short and seemingly insignificant story? That my very ordinary life can be extraordinarily powerful in any advancement of any giving pressing matter.

So, allow me to get off my soap box for a moment and share the story with you that I was supposed to share in the first place.

I believe it was a chilly Friday and my twin and I were around town running errands. She was looking for paper while I was playing with the computers (DUH, they are so much fun to mess with) and while I looked for her after a while I saw it. Those sharpie stations with all those pretty colors and stinky smells, were the perfect window of opportunity to share what I've been reading about on this blog from time to time. And, so, with a little help from my twin we scribbled and scribed our way into a blowout of epic proportions, like setting fire to gasoline on a car and walking away from an explosion. We left that station accomplished, knowing that every (and any) eye that can read, could read a fact and allow the spark to flicker into another mind. By doing this,

This passionate fire of awareness
Grows and grows
Until the whole world knows
By those who care.
And for those who care,
Receive and run.

I mean this by saying, that I mean for you to make the change you want to see in the world. Because, that is ALL it takes to make a difference.




 



Wasn't that a great post by Twin!

Thank you so much and we hope to be hearing from you again soon!

You heard it from here. Its no longer us just telling you.

Now, go out and do something about the sex trade,

Nicole and Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment